Our mission as Faculty of Pharmacy of Kalinga University is to raise qualified pharmacists and scientists, who have conceived principles and ethical concept of pharmacy profession, have owned top-level international fit out that can serve as first-step health advisor in community health, and have earned property of pursuing the latest scientific and technological progresses in this profession. To contribute to the scientific research in our scope at universal and regional levels. To use the obtained knowledge for benefit of the community through pharmacy professional service. To become the best and most respected faculty of pharmacy in our region under the roof of a faculty which is able to pass on knowledge necessary for obtaining employment in international drug industry and the other branches of this profession.
Our vision is to grow excellent individuals, who are appropriate with universal criteria of pharmacy profession, respectful to his/her job, conscientious, helpful to society, owning analytical thinking, inclined to teamwork, and who have earned internationally top-level education and instruction in the scope of pharmaceutical sciences, as well as to serve to exact science and community health. The Faculty has student laboratories equipped with the latest technological and educational infrastructure necessary for pharmaceutical sciences.
The vast majority of pharmacy graduates work as pharmacists in large retail chains or independent pharmacies but there are other job options available within academia, regulatory bodies and the pharmaceutical industry. Studying pharmacy enables you to develop skills specific to the role including:
- Knowledge of facts and theories relating to the design and manufacture of medicines
- The ability to communicate effectively with patients & other healthcare professionals
- Production of pharmacy-specific scientific documentation
- Operation of pharmaceutical instrumentation
- Knowledge of the law and ethical concerns relating to the supply of medicines
- Analysis of medicines
You also develop a broad range of skills that are attractive to employers in other sectors as well. These include:
- Interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Numeracy and computation
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think clearly and methodically Time management and organisational skills
- Commercial awareness.
After completing Pharmacy a student is well prepared to sustain as an employee or as an entrepreneur. Pharmacy degree can boost your career prospects, and in many industries having a Pharmacy degree will give you the edge over competition. On the other hand, if the student chooses to start his/her own business, he/she can run it successfully and professionally.
Programs & Eligiblity
|01.||Bachelor of Pharmacy||4 Years||Semester||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology. Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.|
|02.||Diploma in Pharmacy||2 Years||Year||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology. Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.|
- Eligibility for B.Pharmacy (Lateral Entry):Candidate should have passed Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharmacy) course from an institute approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act, with at least 45% marks (aggregte) for General candidate & 40% marks (aggregate) for candidates belonging to ST/SC or OBC category.
Please note that Bachelor of Pharmacy & Diploma Pharmacy Programmes are Approved by AICTE and Pharmacy Council of India.
Some Employment Options in Pharmacy are:
- Community Pharmacist
- Higher Education Lecturer
- Regulatory Affairs Officer
- Food and Cosmetic Industry
- Diagnostic Technologist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Medical Sales Representative(Sales)
- Research Scientist (Life Sciences)
- Own Pharmacy or Chemist Shop
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Research Scientist (Medical)
- Science Writer
- Research & Development
- Nuclear Pharmacy
- Clinical Research Associate
- Product/Process Development Scientist
- Formulation Development
- Nutrition Support Pharmacy
Sectors Employing Pharmacy Graduates
Clinical Research Companies
|Biotique||L’Oreal India Pvt. Ltd||The Shahnaz Husain Group of Companies||Lakme India||Viviana Colors India Pvt. Ltd|
|The Himalaya Drug Company||Elle 18||Lotus Herbals Ltd||Forest Essentials||Maybelline|
|Sir Ganga Ram Hospital||Apollo Hospital||Fortis Hospital||Moolchand Hospital||Max Super Speciality Hospital|
|Tata Memorial Hospital||Kokilaben Hospital||Narayana Hrudayalaya||Nova Hospital||Medanta The Medicity|