ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
Faculty of Engineering at KU exemplifies the excellence in technical education. Inviting the young talent to explore the highly challenging field as engineering, it offers a unique opportunity to experience the domain through its 4-years regular B-Tech Degree courses in the streams of Computer Science & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Mechanical Engineering and 2- years regular M. Tech degree courses. Empowering its graduates with the skills to facilitate their transition into their professional life, the Faculty of Engineering strives to create a steadfast workforce for the nation. As engineering and allied domains form the backbone of any progressive nation, this is an evergreen sphere for the aspirants and has innumerable employment opportunities globally. In keeping with the Kalinga University’s tradition of excellence we strive to emerge amongst the country’s top institutes in engineering.
Engineering is a broad work category that refers to a trade that uses science and mathematics to solve a variety of problems. Engineers work in disciplines that include mechanical, electrical, chemical, civil, computer science and environmental engineering, among others.
Due to the huge potential for infrastructure development, there is a good demand for engineers. With liberalization of the economy and opening of new companies and sectors, an engineering graduate has a myriad of options to start his career.
PROGRAMS & ELIGIBILITY
- Specialization of B.Tech
- Mechanical, Civil , Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics & Communication (Admission not open for Electronics & Communication Specialization)
- Specialization of Diploma
- Mechanical, Civil , Computer Science, Mining, Electrical
- Specialization of M.Tech
- Civil , Computer Science
- Eligibility for B. Tech. (Lateral Entry) : Passed Diploma Examination from an AICTE approved Institution; with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology. Passed B. Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject.Provided that in case of students belonging to B. Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics/Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year Engineering program along with the second year subjects.
- Eligibility for Diploma in Engineering (Lateral Entry) : 10+2 PCM/ITI (2 years) / 2 years Vocational Course in Relevant Trade/ 3 year Apprenticeship.
Please note that B.Tech & Diploma in Engineering Programmes are Approved by AICTE.
Some Employment Options in Engineering are:
- General/Multiple Fields
- Automotive & Ancillaries
- Energy Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- Materials Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Computer Engineer
- Software/Hardware Engineer
- HVAC Engineer
- Government/Public Sector
- Armed Forces
- Mobile/Telecom Services
- Electrical & Electronics
- Petroleum & Gas
- Civil & Construction
- Food & Processing
Sectors Employing Engineering Graduates
IT & Technologies Companies
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd||Wipro Ltd||HCL Technologies Ltd||Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd||Acer India Pvt Ltd|
|Hewlett-Packard India Sales Pvt Ltd||Intel Technology India Pvt Ltd||Lenovo India Pvt Ltd||Amazon|
|Microsoft||Cisco||IBM||Redington India Ltd||Infosys Limited|
Large Government Organisations
|Thyssen Krupp||Thermax Ltd||Siemens||ObSuzlon Energy Ltderoi Realty||GMR Group|
|General Electric Company||BOSCH||Schneider Electric||ABB Group||Coca Cola|